miercuri, 4 august 2010

Belfast, Northern Ireland

I now find myself stuck in Belfast for more than a week.Except for the daily showers, as in rain, belfast is a city of tremendous beauty and not just architecturally or nature or green-wise, but overall. seems like fate is on my side this time, I just got my 200£ flight ticket from Dublin to Bucharest for the 10th of August, 2010, and couldnt've been happier. finally I manage to get home. never thought I'd witness the moment of missing home , really. yet now I keep counting the days/hours till my flight flies,heh. that among visiting a bit more of Belfast city and it's lovely huge park and oh, the library's a paradise! often find myself searching through the dusty shelves and oh, finding a really rare tolkien book which I didn't even know to have existed! and dragon tales and irish myths and legends , just lovely. oh and i found inkheart and a thick book of celtic myths and legends. as I saw the movie, I have to get the book as well, and the celtic one. yet there's one big issue: how am i going to fit all that? so many new clothes and tens of books can't even fit my backpack now. and i can;'t leave any book behind, just can't! so thrilled to be able to get home with such treasures, my tolkien collection is almost complete!

seems like a bit of a failure, this travellogue of mine, yet I have them well printed in my memory, and with this sort of selfishness , I'd rather keep the whole experience to myself, and what an experience I had.

For anyone reading this: fight for what/whom you believe in. it'll take you really far.. and if you have a burning desire or a huge dream/passion, oh well, didn't you know that dreams can come true? never thought i'd get to see ireland thousands of miles away at this early age and just because of really wanting to go and just hmmm I'll just quote Tolkien again, whether you like it or not:

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."

CARPE DIEM!!!

if any friends from bucharest or nearby, i'd really appreciate being greeted by someone at the otopeni airport at 10.10PM or being offered a tiny wee bit of accomodation for a couple of hours.
take care , lads.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu